January 14th, 2008 cate
The mind’s capacity is limitless, and its manifestations are inexhaustible. Seeing forms with your eyes, hearing sounds with your ears, smelling odors with your nose, tasting flavors with your tongue, every movement or state is all your mind. At every moment, where language can’t go, that’s your mind.
All know the Way, but few actually walk it.
If you don’t find a teacher soon, you’ll live this life in vain. It’s true, you have the buddha-nature. But without the help of a teacher you’ll never know it. Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher’s help.
If, though, by the conjunction of conditions, someone understands what the Buddha meant, that person doesn’t need a teacher. Such a person has a natural awareness superior to anything taught. But unless you’re so blessed, study hard, and by means of instruction you’ll understand.
Bodhidharma was born in Kanchi in the Southern Indian kingdom of Pallava around year 440. At the instruction of Prajnatara he travelled to China by ship and arrived around 475. He is associated with the Shaolin temple, and is honored as the founder of kung fu. He is also credited with bringing tea to China. He is said to have cut off his eyelids to stay awake in meditiation, and so is usually depicted with bulging eyes. He is also credited with bringing Zen to China, even though he had few disciples in his lifetime.
January 2nd, 2008 cate
“Masturbation is the primary sexual activity of mankind. In the nineteenth century it was a disease; in the twentieth [and twenty-first] , it’s a cure.” ~Thomas Szasz, psychiatry professor at the State University of New York Health Science Center
Kick off the new year by just remembering what Frankie Goes to Hollywood sang, and live by those words. (If you don’t know the song, “Relax” check out the lyrics here.)
Ok, do I have to spell it out for you? M-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n. Most guys (if not all of them) will happily admit they do it, but for some stupid reason, women either don’t do it or won’t admit to doing it. Whatever. I suppose in the end it doesn’t matter if you admit to it or not, but the essential thing would be to…just do it. Why the hell not?
Sooooooo…. you really don’t need any reasons TO do it but if you were wondering, “Why do it?” Besides the obvious “because it feels good,” I offer you the following 20 benefits of masturbation:
1. For men, it’s a good way to keep their prostate healthy. (reduces chances of getting prostate cancer)
2. It gets the imagination working.
3. You get to explore and know your body better. (Especially great for women who haven’t experienced an orgasm. This helps them learn what they need to achieve one.)
4. Once you know your body better, you can tell your partner what you really like.
5. Relieves menstrual cramps! Yay!
6. For teens, it can reduce spontaneous (and oh-so embarrassing) erections.
7. Reduce unwanted wet dreams. A guy thing.
8. An orgasm releases mood lifting hormones (endorphins). Yes!
9. Having insomnia. Masturbating can help you sleep. Or at least keep you busy while you’re awake
10. Helps stimulate the immune system.
11. It gets your heart pumping; consider it a mini-workout.
12. It’s a natural stress and tension reliever. (Relaxes the muscles)
13. Men who suffer from premature ejaculation can use masturbation to practice control.
14. It’s known to relieve migraines.
15. Try mutual masturbation; it’s a turn on and a learning experience.
16. Gives you confidence and raises self-esteem.
17. Orgasm causes muscular contractions in the uterus that can tone muscles.
18. Having orgasms on a regular basis has been reported to give you a more youthful appearance.
19. Improves blood flow in the body.
20. Relieves depression.